Hi, I’m Simon.
Thanks for stopping by, I really do appreciate every reader I have on this site.
I started this blog because I’ve always been pretty good with money. I suppose frugal or thrifty is the word. “Tight” is another. But I prefer “Careful”.
I think this stems from my university days – you only live once, so I wanted to make the most of my time there even though I had a really limited budget. So, I worked out how to make my cash go as far as possible.
It’s been ingrained into me ever since meaning I never spend anything without thinking about it first. I love a good deal and hate feeling like I’ve been “done over”, for want of a better word. But that’s just me!
This site is my way of sharing my ways to save money and improve your finances. I mainly write about saving money, making a bit extra on the side (while avoiding the many scams out there!) and a little bit about investing too.
The sites still quite new and I’m still very new to this blogging game. But, the more I’ve written on here, the more I’ve found that I enjoy creating in-depth content on a topic I’m extremely passionate about – Saving money and improving finances.
I’ve also been lucky enough to be featured on several leading websites including:
- Rockstar Finance – this post got featured in March, you can read about the Rockstar Effect it had on my traffic here.
- UK Money Bloggers
- Feedspot’s List of Top UK Personal Finance Bloggers
- Moolanomy – Financial Success Story
- The Frugal Cottage – 7 Frugal Money Rules I Try to Live By
- Finance Superhero – Best Money Advice from Dad – 55 Bloggers Share
- Miss Many Pennies – Money Saving Tips: The Ultimate Collection
- I Beat Debt’s Frugal Fail Roundup
- Ninja Budgeter – 43 Finance Bloggers Reveal their Biggest Money Mistakes
- Daily Deals UK – The UK’s Best Money Saving Bloggers & Their Top Tips
- Tuppennys FIREplace – The Best Money Saving Tips of 30 Frugal Living Bloggers
To get you started a few of my most popular posts are:
Hopefully, you’ll find some useful money-saving tips and guides on the site. But, if there’s something you’d like me to write about please contact me using the form below.